Sunday, August 9, 2009

TV is good, freedom is better!

It has been almost one week since Euna Lee and Laura Ling came home and yet, every documentary, every story they have ever created or participated in has been shown, 24 hours a day, on my favorite channel second to IFC, current TV. My complaint is not about over-saturation, I have an issue with tearing up every time they speak of them and their ordeal. Do "political miracles" exist? Because I believe something extraordinary has happened here, such a true and pure example of diplomacy and I do not much care if I sound naive and idealistic. I continue to revel in the thought that such a world, or even just a group of people living as such, could exist in my lifetime. Welcome home, Laura & Euna!

Inside the house? Quiet, waiting for school and children keep growing, those of you with teenagers can keep all you know to yourselves... I am thinking there is a reason for everything.

I am becoming concern, does psychology=cynicism? If we are less inclined to believe someone's story, does it mean that the next one may be able to hide it a bit better? My understanding of mental health is that, just like physical health, finding out what ails you is the first step towards recovery.... then again, what do I know? I'm only a second-year student still taking freaking film!

No comments:

Post a Comment